Please use the following submission guidelines when submitting work to Pen It! Publications via email only. We accept most genres outside of sexually explicit books/erotica. As a traditional publisher, if we accept your book we will cover editing, formatting, book cover designs, distribution, and other publishing costs. Since we invest heavily in our books, we do have high standards. So please provide us with as much of the following as you can to give you and your book the best chance of getting an acceptance letter.
All work should be submitted to email@example.com with the subject line “Submission” and the title of your work. You should expect to hear from someone regarding your submission within four (4) weeks. This largely depends upon our backlog though but please wait until 4 weeks before reaching back out to us for a response.
Please submit a Query Letter (in the body of an email) including the following information:
- A brief story pitch (2 to 3 paragraphs) including your specific genre
- A short author bio mentioning previous publications and/or background information relevant to your story
- Please provide information for up to three comparative books published in the last five years. These should be books that have a similar audience to your book that you
In addition to the above, please attach the following sample materials to your email:
- Story synopsis and/or chapter summary
- Story excerpt from the first, middle and last chapter of your book
- Children’s Books should be sent in their entirety (if your book has illustrations send them as well)
Here are some additional formatting notes for you:
- Submit your manuscripts in Microsoft Word (preferred) or as a PDF
- We prefer Calibri Font size 12, but Times New Roman or Arial is acceptable
- Please use 1.5 vertical line spacing
- Make sure that all Dialogue is on separate lines by speaker
- Be sure your name, email and phone # are on all documents submitted
NOTE: We do accept previously self-published works or work that has been published by another Publisher as long as a Release has been received. If you have a release please attach that as well to your submission.
WORD COUNTS BY CATEGORY
|General Fiction Novel||70,000-100,000|
|Epic Novel||Over 100,000|
|Middle Grade Novel||20,000-55,000|
|Young Adult Novel||50,000-80,000|
|Poems||40-100 pages or 30-100 poems|