Freedom From Fear: A Daily Handbook was written as a resource for Christians who are facing either the long-term or short-term emotional challenges of fear and anxiety. In acknowledging and searching out the Bible’s ancient wisdom, solutions to our modern-day trials and struggles are discovered. Within the pages of this book, scriptures dealing with problem life situations are presented and then explored in ways that address the adversities prevalent in today’s world.
The book addresses a variety of subjects. Fear of the future, divorce, financial concerns, health problems, and the importance of prayer and worship are just a few of the many topics discussed. A scripture, discussion, and meditation are included in the readings provided for each day of the year.
In the context of exploring the daily scripture, some concrete helps are provided, such as:
* Techniques to enhance prayer time and meditation
* A strategy for leaving your problem in God’s hands
* How to use the Christian’s weapons of warfare to effectively combat fear
* How to use the power of “binding and loosing”
* A method of sowing seed for a harvest of spiritual maturity, as well as many suggestions for applying God’s word to specific conditions and situations.
The book’s vital underlying concept is that a successful, joyful life is obtained only through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and the belief and practice of the principles contained in God’s word.
Without this foundation, the soul is left vulnerable to the onslaught of stressors encountered in the ordinary course of life. Thankfully, through his word and his presence, God provides protection from, and a defense against, fear.
There are no reviews yet.